Healing Trauma, Transforming Lives
* New Clients- I am sorry but my practice is full and I am not able to accept new clients. To make an EMDR therapy appointment please contact my EMDR colleagues at Vancouver Wellness Studio at 360-828-1429. You can also search the EMDRIA.org website for a EMDR therapist near you.
Life is not always easy…
Many people I work with are struggling with the effects of trauma in their life which impacts their ability to feel peace, joy and connection to others. If you are like them, then you may be struggling with…
- Painful memories and life experiences
- Unrelenting fears or hypervigilance,
- Feeling disconnected from yourself or others,
- Struggling in your relationships,
- You “stuff” your emotions because they are too overwhelming to be with,
- Feelings of low self-worth, shame or guilt,
- Difficulty relaxing, sleeping or feeling at ease,
- You’re repeating the same “old” patterns in your life and relationships,
- You’ve tried all of the “things” you know how to do but your are not getting any better,
- Not living a life of purpose or from your authentic self.
I get it! You can feel better.
We all want to be happy and live a fulfilling life. This includes being connected to ourselves and to others in a healthy way. In order to do this, we need to process unresolved trauma from life circumstances and distressing experiences. Unresolved trauma will play out in our lives in often destructive ways making us feel anxious, depressed, stressed, alone, fearful and frustrated.
I believe that there is more to life than “just suffering” and limping though life feeling unfulfilled, damaged or broken.
I believe that hope and healing is possible for everyone! That is why I offer my help and some steps to take for our work together. This includes getting to know you and your unique story and developing a plan for the best way to help you. I support clients with trauma informed and holistic therapy services such as: EMDR therapy, Neurofeedback, somatic awareness, inner parts work and more, so that healing can take place and you can feel a greater sense of peace and resiliency.
You don’t have to experience this alone. I am here to help!
Hello! My name is Lemecia Lindsey and I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified EMDR therapist, EMDR Consultant, LENS Neurofeedback Provider and a Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider . I am the owner of Vancouver EMDR Therapy in Vancouver Washington. For more than 20 years, I have been helping people recover from traumatic life events, heal from past wounds and develop improved relationships with those that they love and a greater loving connection to themselves.
EMDR therapy can sound mysterious. Click on the following links to learn more; Types of Bilateral Stimulation for EMDR Therapy, What is a EMDR Therapy Session Like and Frequently Asked Questions about EMDR.
Call today to start the process of healing unresolved trauma so that you can stop feeling stuck and start living a life or greater connection to yourself and others with a deeper sense of peace and happiness.
Lemecia Lindsey, LICSW
EMDR (Eye, Movement, Desensitization and Reprocessing) works directly with the brain and the way memories, thoughts, feelings and body sensations are stored when we are traumatized or overwhelmed by negative life experiences. EMDR therapy processes underlying disturbing memories that are the cause of symptoms.Learn More
You can feel better.
Highly effective methods of trauma therapy are available to you. You can unload the burden you’re carrying, and move forward in your life and your relationships with more ease and joy.
Most Recent Blog Posts
Complex PTSD Complex Trauma can also be referred to Complex PTSD (C-PTSD), relational trauma or developmental trauma. Complex PTSD is a result of expo...
Eye, Movement, Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a standard method for treating Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as well as helping people reco...
One of the most interesting and innovative uses of EMDR therapy has been in performance enhancement by decreasing fear, stress and anxiety related to...