One of the most interesting and innovative uses of EMDR therapy has been in performance enhancement by decreasing fear, stress and anxiety related to performance. EMDR therapy helps the brain to think in a healthier, more adaptive way by removing blocks (such as negative self-beliefs) and helping the person to tap into his or her inner strengths.
Why Use EMDR Therapy for Performance Enhancement?
EMDR therapy acts directly on the nervous system by clearing the blocks and obstacles that prevent you from being your best as it removes traces of difficult earlier life situations or traumatic experiences. EMDR therapy can enhance physiological sensations, and install visualizations of success in a variety of life situations.
In addition, EMDR for Performance Enhancement can reduce anticipatory or performance anxiety, fear of failure, procrastination, setbacks and improve life transitions and boost confidence. The person can then accomplish a task successfully without being influenced by past negative events, beliefs or physiological responses.
Ways that Performance Enhancement can help you:
• Prepare for presentations, interviews, auditions, public speaking and reduce stage fright
• Boost your confidence and reduce stress levels during competitions and performances
• Manage anticipatory anxiety
• Increase your stress management skills and to regulate your emotions
• Improve inconsistent performance
• Boost confidence about yourself and your abilities
• Accept and adapt to difficult organizational changes
Who Would Benefit from Performance Enhancement?
People who strive to improve their performance and set higher goal for themselves. And for people who want to feel more confident and reduce anticipatory anxiety before performing or completing a task.
• Business executives, managers
• Doctors other professionals
• Performance artists
• People returning to work after a leave
• People who are good at their job but struggle with the social side e.g. such as networking and corporate events